- EQUITY & OPPORTUNITY for EVERY CHILD
“All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.” — Albert Einstein
Every child in Jersey City deserves a chance to learn and succeed. No matter where they come from, once they enter a school building – they gain access to equal opportunity of knowledge and care, and a chance to develop their full potential.
I believe that is our responsibility, as parent leaders, educators and administrators, to make sure that every single student has all the necessary tools he/she needs to learn and grow in a healthy and safe environment, and that the interests of every school in our city are equally represented and their needs equitably met.
- BUILDING B.R.I.D.G.E.S.
- B.etter nutrition – freshly cooked lunches district-wide
- R.esource efficiency – practical cost saving solutions
- I.ndividual approach to the unique needs of every school
- D.evelop new schools & address overcrowding
- G.rowing stronger – more options for movement and exercise
- E.mpower to succeed – keep learning standards high
- S.afe & Smart – ensuring and teaching safety
- EMPOWER & EQUIP in the FACE OF CHALLENGES
“Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change.” — Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Ancient philosopher Heraclitus said that change is the only constant. Our ability to face the challenge of changes in our lives determine our success and set an example for our children. During the past three years, serving on the Parent Council of Cornelia F. Bradford School, my team and I have worked hard to be proactive, flexible and solution oriented. We have:
- successfully applied for capital improvements and better school lunches
- created more opportunities for student movement and exercise
- improved school/parent communications
- expanded and streamlined the after school program
- built strong bridges within the district and community
- created an extracurricular scholarship for students from low-income families
- worked to empower new parent leaders to continue the tradition of success and hard work
- increased the annual revenue of donations and charitable funding
- successfully applied cost-saving solutions, which enabled us to do more for our students
It is my firm belief that, no matter what challenges are yet to come, we, as parents, can take responsibility and become a part of the solution and positive change. Through simple networking and sharing of skills and experience, we can work to help each other, help our schools, and ultimately build a strong and unified school district where all children will thrive.